Food Exeter is a partnership working for sustainable and healthy food for all in Exeter. We seek to rediscover and redevelop localised food systems in and around Exeter. We are part of the Sustainable Food Cities Network.
We work with any individual or organisation that wants to help achieve our aims, which are to:
- Promote healthy and sustainable food to the public
- Tackle food poverty, diet-related ill health and access to affordable healthy food
- Build community food knowledge, skills, resources and projects
- Promote a vibrant and diverse sustainable food economy, including production of and growing food
- Transform catering and food procurement
- Reduce waste and the ecological footprint of the food system
Food Exeter was originally set up as the Exeter Food Network in 2014 as a forum to bring together organisations in and around the city concerned with food. These include anti-food poverty groups, educational initiatives, faith communities, food sustainability work and neighbourhood growing schemes as well as emergency food providers.
Our new website www.foodexeter.org.uk will be launched soon.